We are committed to meeting the educational needs of all our pupils and some of our children will need additional support. A Special Educational Need (SEN) is a difficulty or barrier that affects a child's ability to learn and to access the curriculum. A Disability is a long term health condition which causes a difficulty or barrier to learn or to access the curriculum.
We will facilitate the support of these pupils by following these objectives:
- Involve parents/carers as partners
- Provide, provision for meeting pupils’ special educational needs, the setting and marking of work appropriate to the individual need of the child, and where necessary through the development of individual or group learning programmes
- Foster and maintain links with all outside agencies, educational support services, secondary and special schools
- Initiate and facilitate staff development programmes concerned with special educational needs
- Ensure that our school provides for equal access in line with the Disability Discrimination Act